THE SELF IN LEADERSHIP
A leadership development programme like no other, this 7-week course covers everything from the personal experience of leadership activity to its wider social implications. It is suitable for anyone engaged in leadership practice, regardless of organisational context or official hierarchical position. This includes being a parent!
Incorporating traditional leadership and management theory with more critical approaches, emphasis will be placed on their application via experiential learning. The course will provide an opportunity for you to develop and improve your leadership practice by increasing awareness of, and learning techniques to manage: yourself, your relationships with others, and the organisational factors which are within your control or influence.
The programme is designed to be:
- Flexible– you will be encouraged to bring and work with the issues which are most relevant and important to you
- Restorative– most course exercises serve the function of promoting a sense of clarity and calm
- Personally enriching– you can expect to be stretched, validated and challenged within a supportive learning environment
- Socially beneficial– the intention is that leadership practice is used as a source for good which enhances people’s lives.
It will include:
The course will run from 5:30pm to 9:30pm on seven Monday evenings from 17th September to 29th October 2018, and will also include a weekend intensive from 11:00am to 5:30pm on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th October.
£450 (all profits will support the work of Foundation for Change)
St Leonard’s Church, 119 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6JN
The course will be delivered by Odessa Mack. She says:
“I work nationally as Learning Lead for a large charity that provides treatment for mental health, problematic substance use and troubled families.
My love of lifelong learning was sparked when I trained with Foundation for Change’s founders Bob Bharij and Liz Naylor way back in 2007. Since then, I have completed a number of courses and qualifications related to developing people so that individuals, groups, teams and organisations can function more healthily. It is my hope and intention that this ultimately has a positive impact on wider society.
I advocate a mindful and creative approach to learning, and am most passionate about encouraging calm environments in which people feel comfortable to be themselves and can have meaningful, straightforward contact with others. I have continuously witnessed how learning which focuses on self-awareness, communication and relationships ultimately benefits both productivity and personal wellbeing, and I strongly believe in its power.”
Odessa’s qualification background:
- BA Hons in Critical Social Psychology and Systems Practice (Open University)
- MSc (Distinction) in Leadership and Management Coaching & Mentoring (UWE)
- Certificate in Group Practice (Gestalt Centre)
- Leadership Embodiment Foundation (Centre for Embodied Wisdom)
- Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP (SNLP)
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher (YAP)
- John Stirk’s course for yoga teachers
To find out more, or to request an application form, contact Odessa (course tutor) at email@example.com.